Buje, St. Servolo Parish Church
Valdabasso 25, 52460 Buje
In the 16th century, on the main square within the city walls, the St. Servolo parish church was built. Once it was a church with a nave and two side aisles but in the 18th century it was reconstructed with one single nave. In the church precious wooden sculptures of Virgin Mary and the Child from the 14th and 15th century are preserved. The bell-tower was erected in the 16th century. Allegedly, the church is built over an ancient temple.
The organ in this church is one of the most precious instruments in the whole Europe. It was constructed in 1791 by the venetian organ-builder Gaetano Callido.
Pula, Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Kandlerova 27, 52 100 Pula
Within the city, along the main street that from Flavia Street leads to the Forum, stands the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Holy Virgin Mary, one of the two churches in which the Poreč and Pula’s Diocese has its seat. It was built at the site where Christians gathered already in the time of their persecution during the 4th century. The church was upgraded several times but in the 5th century it was quite similar to the today’s Cathedral. After the fire in 1242 the Cathedral went through several reconstructions. In the beginning of the 16th century a new late Renaissance facade was built, and in front of the church a belfry was erected in the second half of the 17th century. Stone blocks from the Amphitheatre were used for its construction.
The organ of the church is a contemporary instrument from 1960 and it was installed in the year 2000 (constructor: Wolfgang Eisenbarth)
Umag, Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
E. Miloša 12, 52470 Umag
The Baroque church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary built in the 18th century stands on the main city square. It is located where once the medieval parish church of Umag’s patron St. Peregrine stood which was destroyed during the construction of the today’s church.
The organ dates back in the 1778 and was built by the venetian Francesco Dacci.